Clocks, Watches/sam heung co inchon korea

Question
Hi John,  Thanks for taking the time to read this.  I have a 58 inch wall clock with sam heung co inchon korea (stamped on the moved 680) like a person from 12/08/2006 described really intricately carved mahogany and wondered if you found out any info about it. I can't find any info can you help.  Thanks Wendy

Answer
Wendy, there are many of these Asian clocks being made and exported.  There is really no information available other than maybe seeing them in a catalog. I checked a clock close to your description with one of my suppliers and he has one that is similar (56" tall) and is ornately carved.  It has a long case with carved decorations on the front and the sides. The dial casing is round and also has a log of carving.  It is called the "Grand Wall Clock".  I was thinking that I had seen this type listed as ""Rococo" style, but could not find any reference to that.  I did find a different type of clock on eBay listed under "Asian Sam Heung 8 Day Vienna Wall Clock - Circa 1960".  It is smaller clock and probably a different type than yours.  They do state a listing price, but when checking the On-line listings, look at "Completed Listings" to find what items really sell for. The actual selling price will appear in green.  I also Googled "Sam Heung Clocks" and found some information, including the answer I gave as your referenced in your question.  tehat might be where you found information on me.

Sorry I could not relly help you more, but information on these clocks is rare.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

Clocks, Watches

John Newman