Clocks, Watches/suspension spring

Question
suspension spring
suspension spring  

suspension spring
suspension spring  
I have a montgomery ward grandfather clock its a ccm 9090 a need a suspension spring  dont have the old one it says part number 34 west germany movement can you help me find one

Answer
Kenny, as many clocks sold by companies that did not actually make the movement, the numbers do not relate to the movement.  And the information on some of these clocks is almost non-existant.  However, you did show a copy of the drawing from the owner's manual and that is from a movement that we call the Jauch 77.  Jauch is no longer in business, but parts can be found for them. If you know the dimensions of the brokeh part clock suppliers can let you know if they have them in stock.

I do have them, but you can get them a little cheaper from clock suppliers.  Most of them(Timesavers, Merritts, R&M Imports, Black Forest Imports, Mile High and Ronell) can be found by Googling their namers and most have On-line catalogs.  They can probably help you choose the correct one, but Timesavers lists the one for the Jauch 77 and it is P/N 24688.  I would suggest buying 2 of them, as I have had customers buy one from me and break them while installing them and having to order all over again.  If the first one is successful, the spare can be put in a small envlope and taped to the inside of the movement area.  

You did not tell me if you have had the clock for some time or just acquired it.  Yours is at least 35 years old and can have some issues with wear, etc.  If the suspension spring does not get it running, get back with me and I'll run you through some diagnostics.  My shop email address is below.

John Newman
The Village Clocksmith
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
Located in Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

Note concerning questions not related to Allexperts:  Because of my commitment to answering Allexperts questions within a prescribed time limit and the large backlog of clock work at my shop, I regret that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis, other than Allexperts follow up questions.  I will try to answer these emails as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman