You are here:

Clocks, Watches/Battery replacement solution?


I also have a Tochigi Tokei Co, Ltd, No (0) Jewels Unadjusted clock that came out of the Waterford Crystal desk clock.  The clock is a 1 7/16" insert. I read your answer for how to disassemble it to straighten out one of the hands.  But I have a different question.  My clock has stopped and so I'm looking for information on the battery inside.  All I can find is a website to order a completely new clock piece.  Is there really no way to replace the power source inside it?

The clock unit you have is called a fit up. The battery can be accessed by removing the back cover. You might have to use a knife blade to pry off the cover. The battery is a button type used in quartz watches. It will have a number on it (probably 377). You could take it to a watch or jewelry store and have them replace the battery but it would be less expensive to buy the battery and put it in yourself. Sometimes Dollar Tree sells several of them for one dollar.
If you need to replace the entire fit up we do sell them here:

Let me know if you have any questions.  

Clocks, Watches

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Michael Radi


Clock repair and clock parts questions.


I have been professionally repairing clocks for 17 years. I owned and ran a clock shop for 6 years and I am the owner of the clock parts supply company;

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors

High school graduate, some college, graduate of Niles Bryant School of Piano Tuning and repair.

Past/Present Clients
I perform about 20 clock repairs per week.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]