Clocks, Watches/need a custom made clock

I need a clock that charges a cellphone
here is a demo I made
This is a motor that charges a cellphone :¬if_t=video_processed
It is a swiss maxon geared motor attached to a usb
here is the clock I made turn on a light
I have many people who want this
It was very simple to make , it took only 3 gears, it was far easier than a standard clock ( it charged devices 1 hour)
I hope you will

James, interesting request. I would really like to help you, but right now I have a large amount of work backlogged at my shop, and I don't normally do design projects outside my normal work.  I will at least ask a few questions.

1. Do you want to use a clock or a timing device?

2. How often do you want it to charge the phone?

3. Will the phone be hooked to the charger 24 hours a day?

John Newman
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman

As much as I would like to offer values of clocks, I am not a certified appraiser and will not venture into giving an unresearched guess. There is very little published information on what I consider to be the value of "modern production clocks". Considerations are what the clock originally sold for, the condition of the case and movement, and particularly the area in which you live, the demand and the economy. ALSO, WATCHES ARE NOT MY FIELD. However, I can advise the clock owner on proper maintenance of a clock to keep it running, small corrections and adjustments and how to move a clock without damaging it. I can also advise on obtaining parts for clocks. It helps if you can send any information on the clock movement which is usually found on the back plate of the movement. I have been a clockmaker for about 35 years and was plant engineer in the mid 90's and later operations and engineering consultant at Emperor Clock Company in Fairhope, Alabama. I now have my own clock shop.

One of my greatest accomplishments was traveling to China to assist a clock factory in building clocks to the standards which we required. With the proper specifications and quality control, some beautiful clock cases were built. The factory people from the wood carvers to the plant manager were very congenial, friendly and I left a lot of wonderful friends when I returned from my trips.

NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors) 30 years Prattville, Alabama Chamber of Commerce

Horological Times, a publication of the American Watch and Clockmakers Instute. Collaberated column author, with Photos and ideas for clock movement conversion article.

Associate of Science Mechanical Engineering Technology Emperor Introductory Clock Repair (Eventually taught a portion of the class after becoming employee)

Small Business of the Quarter (Prattville, Alabama) Leadership Class of 2009 (Autauga County, Alabama)