Clocks, Watches/Clock movement time

Question
I just picked up a frank hermle 101 jewels no 76.    Made in west Germany unadjusted 261- 030a from Netherlands antique market. I tried putting up the clock on th wall and the time seems to be moving very fast appreciate if you could help me fix this .
Thank you
Brutus

Answer
Brian, sometimes the information is a little difficult to read on these movements.  I believe what you have is a Franz Hermle movement.  And it is not "101 jewels, but "(0) jewels".  That is a result of an old European import law that required a products with jewels to be declared if they were to be shipped across country borders.  The jewels would be taxed.  Nowadays most jewels in clocks are synthetic and of no excessive value, but the declarations are still on some clocks.

It does have a pendulum on it doesn't it?  It could be that the pendulum is out of adjustment or it is the wrong pendulum. How fast is the movement running, like how many minutes and hour?  This will help me determine if it is the wrong pendulum, out of adjustment or some other problem in the movement, like skipping teeth on the escapement wheel.

John Newman
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

Brian, a couple of other bits of information.  The "76" is probably the date the movement was manufactured, 1976.  That should be the top line of the information area.  There is also should be more information under the "261-030."  The first line would indicate the theoretical (not actual) pendulum length, such as 45cm or 45cm, and then a line under that with some more numbers which indicate the number of beats per minute.  Let me know what all these numbers are.

John Newman

Clocks, Watches

John Newman