Clocks, Watches/CPM-9097 Clock with Franz Hermle 451-053 movement

Question
I recently bought this clock from a garage sale for $20 knowing that it did not work.

After installing the chains and weights, I found that the center sprocket free-wheels.

What steps are necessary to repair that portion of the movement?
Where can I buy quality parts?
I understand that after I make this repair, I may find that something else needs to be replaced, too.

I'm brand new to clocks, so I apologize if I use any incorrect terminology.  Any type of blown-up diagrams would be extremely helpful also.

Thanks.

Answer
do not know of a supplier for that part for you. Hermle parts are readily available but only stocked the stuff that normally breaks or gets lost or wears. (chain wheels normally do not fail) but Ebay has them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hermle-451Grandfather-Clock-Movement-Repair-Part-Chain-W

lay the movement on its face on a small cardboard box so the hand shaft etc hang into the box and the movement sits level and steady.

remove the bottom two brass nuts left and right holding the two brass plates together and loosen the top two and any in the middle then you can pry open the bottom of the two plates -just enough- to remove the bad gear and put the new one in instead.

start there and see if it works then?  

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders