Clocks, Watches/ridgeway westminster chime mantle cclock

Question
this clock is striking the right number but not at the right place it thinks the last quter is the twelve and strikes the hour at the nine not the twelve,I have no Idea how to fix this,please help

Answer
William, it apparently looks like the minute hand had come off and was reinstalled in the wrong position.  The minute shaft end is square and so the minute hand can be put on in four different positions.  Only one is correct.  To get it back in the proper position, run the minute hand around until it chimes and strikes the hour (this can be at any quarter.)  From your description it will be at the three-quarter hour.  Remove the small round hand nut and pull the minute hand off.  Do not turn anything on the clock yet.  Reinstall it pointing to the 12.  Put the hand nut back on and tighten it.  If the hour hand is not pointing directly to the hour that just struck, slip it around to that hour.  Now set the time using the minute hand.  That should do it.  

A couple of additional points.  When you set the clock to the correct time of day you can set it forward or backwards as it is what we call a "safe-back" clock.  Also when setting it you do not have to wait for each chime to finish to continue turning it.  Your clock is also has the self-correcting chimes.  If it chimes the three-quarter chime at any quarter other than the three-quarter position, it will not chime again until it reaches the hour.  Then it will be back in sync again.  Depending on where it was on the last chime it can take anywhere from 15 minutes to two hours to correct itself.  If you have any more questions, get back with me.

John Newman
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

Clocks, Watches

John Newman