Clocks, Watches/Ansonia Gold Medallion Mantle Clock Model 681

Question
Hi Kenneth, I recently acquired a Subject Mantle/Wall Clock. Tall Oak Case with Leaded Glass and Triple Chimes German Movement, in Beautiful condition, but it was likely overwound prior to my purchase and now only runs for short periods. When it stops, it often stops with the pendulum on a bit of angle, (maybe 5 degrees) like the "ticker mechanism" (I don't know the correct term), keeps it pushed aside. I own several mechanical clocks and I have never seen this happen before. My first question is realistically how much is this Clock worth? and is there anything I could do, besides oiling, cleaning, etc. to try to make it continue running? Also, the chimes are fairly quiet, do you know about an adjustment for this? Thank You, George

Answer
George, sounds as you describe that the clock needs complete cleaning and lube to get it working and the chimes might easily be louder after proper cleaning- new movements can be bought on the internet from the numbers on the back plate- made by Hermle

do not know about value and could not find the 681

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Ansonia%20Gold%20Medallio

When it stops, it often stops with the pendulum on a bit of angle, (maybe 5 degrees) like the "ticker mechanism" (I don't know the correct term), keeps it pushed aside. I own several mechanical clocks and I have never seen this happen before.

the verge is jamming on the escape wheel teeth since the wheel is not free to turn because it needs cleaning--  best   Ken

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders