Clocks, Watches/pendulum on grandfather clock

Question
I have tried everything that I have read and my pendulum will not stay swinging.  The clock has not been running for maybe ten years.  It chimes, dongs but won't stay swinging.  Could it need oil??

Answer
Hi Diane,

If the clock has been sitting for 10 years the old oil is solidified. You really need a professional cleaning and oiling on this clock.
If the clock has been working over 20 years you may want to consider purchasing a new movement for the clock
if a replacement is available. Most times they are unless the clock is an antique.

Hope this helps.
Marilyn
The Clocklady

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti