Clocks, Watches/pendulum on grandfather clock

I have tried everything that I have read and my pendulum will not stay swinging.  The clock has not been running for maybe ten years.  It chimes, dongs but won't stay swinging.  Could it need oil??

Hi Diane,

If the clock has been sitting for 10 years the old oil is solidified. You really need a professional cleaning and oiling on this clock.
If the clock has been working over 20 years you may want to consider purchasing a new movement for the clock
if a replacement is available. Most times they are unless the clock is an antique.

Hope this helps.
The Clocklady

Clocks, Watches

Marilyn Bellotti

This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.

29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist