Clocks, Watches/NEW MOVEMENT

Question
MOVEMENT
MOVEMENT  

MOVEMENT
MOVEMENT  
HELLO

I AQUIRED THIS FROM MY FATHER IN LAW'S ATTIC IN OHIO AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS A ANTIQUE CLOCK BUT AFTER GETTING IT IN THE LIGHT WE NOTICED IT WAS A BATTERY CLOCK ....
I WOULD LIKE TO REPLACE THE MOVEMENT BUT CANT FIND A REPLACEMENT MOVEMENT THE BATTER COMPARTMENT LOOKS LIKE IT GO HOT OR SOMETHING I AM NOT SURE BUT NOTHING WORKS MY WIFE SAYS HER DAD WORKED ON IT AT ONE TIME CAN YOU HELP ME FIND A MOVEMENT FOR THIS CLOCK I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP IT AS ORIGIONAL AS POSSIBLE
PICTURE ENCLOSED

Answer
Ronny, I have researched your movement and have found one type very similar.  The chime rods are in a different position but should work.

The first company is Klockit.  They can be found by Googling klockit and enter 12228 in their search field.  That will show you a page with three versions, the difference being the pendulum bob diameter.  Each movement comes with a pendulum and free set of hands of your choosing.  They list for $89.99.  

Another is found at Timesavers, which you can also Google.  Their movement number is 18400 and lists for $80.00. It does not come with hands or a pendulum.

In choosing the movement you need to consider the overall dimensions of the movement and the handshaft length to insure it will work with the dial thickness.  Also the inside dimension of the case would have to be more than the stated swing of the pendulum. This is the reason for the three models at Klockit.  Regarding the Timesavers movement, you will have to make sure the original hands and pendulum will fit on the movement. I would suggest discussing this with the Timesavers people.  Unless you can confirm the matching, it might be best to go with the Klockit unit.

I hope this helps and if you run into any other questions, get back with me.

John Newman
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama  

Clocks, Watches

John Newman