Clocks, Watches/CHIME HAMMERS

Question
MINE STICKS SOMETIMES, THEN NOTHING CHIMES UNTIL I RETURN THE HAMMER TO THE REST POSITION, THEN IT CHIMES UNTIL NEXT TIME IT STICKS BACK ABOUT HALF WAY, IT SEEMS TO BE HANGING UP ON THE PIN THAT MAKES IT STRIKE?

Answer
Hi Jonn,
I would like to identify the movement. Are there any markings stamped on the back?
How many hammers does the clock have?
Does it hang up every time?
Does it stick before that hammer strikes or on its way back to rest.
Check the part of the hammer that the pin lifts. Sometimes it gets a spot worn into it by the pin. Then the pin gets stuck inside the worn spot.
It could be helpful if you could post a couple of photos so I have a better idea of what we are dealing with here.
Thanks, Michael
www.norkro.com
clock parts and repair

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi