You are here:

Clocks, Watches/Molyneux (Alaron) grandfather clock


My mother just passed away and she left a Molyneux grandfather clock.  One tag on the clock has the name "Alaron" on it.  (Maybe that is where the clock was purchased?)  The clock was purchased in 1979 and has a serial #.

I would like to sell it, but have NO IDEA where to go to sell it...Ebay?  Craigslist?  Antique dealer?

I'm hoping you can give me some advice.

Thank you soooo much.

Hi Judith,

Clocks wear out after about 25 years of working.
They need an overhaul or a new movement. It's not
a cheap repair. You can try to sell it on ebay as an
auction starting at $50 and have a local pickup on the
listing. If you get more good...
I have trouble selling grand father clocks but mine
are rebuilt or have new movements.

Hope this helps,

Clocks, Watches

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Marilyn Bellotti


This is for advice only. ~Most~ repairs need a professional. If I can help you with an adjustment that can set your clock back in order I will try. I can not write a chapter on clock repair. I will point you in the right direction and you will have to do your own research on how clocks work for more intense repairs. -No Watches -No Appraisals. Search ebay for past sales for that information.


29 years repair experience

Certified Horologist

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]