Clocks, Watches/Sligh mantel clock part

QUESTION: We have been looking for a hand nut for our Sligh mantel clock.  It is model number 0516-1-AN.

The clocks works perfectly but we lost the hand nut and the hands will not stay on the clock.

Thanks you.

ANSWER: Hi Debbie. Can you look at the back of the clock movement and tell me any markings stamped there?
Thank you,

QUESTION: Thank you for your reply.

The movement number is 502-2961.  I hope this helps - it is a older clock and I believe that I got the numbers correct.

Debbie Brown

Sligh bought the movements from one of three factories in Germany. The Sligh numbers won't help. I need markings stamped by the factory on the back of the movement.
If you can't locate the markings on the movement you could buy an assortment of hand nuts. It will most likely contain the nut you need.
You can see it here:

Thanks again,
clock parts and repair

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi

Clock repair and clock parts questions.

I have been professionally repairing clocks for 17 years. I owned and ran a clock shop for 6 years and I am the owner of the clock parts supply company;

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors

High school graduate, some college, graduate of Niles Bryant School of Piano Tuning and repair.

I perform about 20 clock repairs per week.