Clocks, Watches/Ksssel 31-day regulator windup clock

Question
Thank you for getting back to me on this clock. What I mean by it runs without the pendulum on is it does continue to tick, it runs very fast and it still chimes, but as soon as I attach the pendulum it quits. I have tried swinging the pendulum from one side I tried moving the clock bottom top sideways I'm lost. I tried taking the hands off so I could look inside the clock but I can't get the hour hand off. help

Answer
Jewell, I understood what you meant by it running without the pendulum. I don't know if removing the dial would help at this time, but maybe later.  Some of these movements also have a nut on the hour hand, but I'm not sure about yours.  At this point I think a phone conversation would be for productive than emails back and forth.  As I don't ask for or give personal contact information on a public forum, would you email me at my shop email address below with your email address?  I can then give you my work cell phone number or you can give me yours.  We'll see if we can talk your clock problem through.

John Newman
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

klokdok@juno.com

(Due to the number of Allexperts questions and
the workload I have at my clock shop, I regret
that I cannot answer personal email questions on a timely basis
other than Allexperts follow ups.)

Clocks, Watches

John Newman