Clocks, Watches/Ridgeway grandfather clock

QUESTION: Hello I have ridgeway clock serial number 98029622 and the center winder for time seem to slip when winding up the weight the other two are fine
Thank you for your assistance

This is most likely not a user serviceable problem. The parts that keep the weight from sliding back down are inside the movement. Removing them fur repair and then putting them back in correctly are considered advanced repair procedures.

QUESTION: Do you know the aprox range of cost to fix this

Repair prices vary greatly depending on the availability of clock repair people in your area. I charge about $150 for that repair, provided I don't need to drive far to pick up and deliver the movement. I would not be surprised if you are quoted $250. I don't know what model movement is in that clock but you could purchase a new one for about $300 to $400 so I would shop around if the price reaches that range.  

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi

Clock repair and clock parts questions.

I have been professionally repairing clocks for 17 years. I owned and ran a clock shop for 6 years and I am the owner of the clock parts supply company;

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors

High school graduate, some college, graduate of Niles Bryant School of Piano Tuning and repair.

I perform about 20 clock repairs per week.