Clocks, Watches/Ridgeway grandfather clock

Question
QUESTION: Hello I have ridgeway clock serial number 98029622 and the center winder for time seem to slip when winding up the weight the other two are fine
Thank you for your assistance

Dave

ANSWER: Hi Dave
This is most likely not a user serviceable problem. The parts that keep the weight from sliding back down are inside the movement. Removing them fur repair and then putting them back in correctly are considered advanced repair procedures.

QUESTION: Do you know the aprox range of cost to fix this

Thanks

Answer
Repair prices vary greatly depending on the availability of clock repair people in your area. I charge about $150 for that repair, provided I don't need to drive far to pick up and deliver the movement. I would not be surprised if you are quoted $250. I don't know what model movement is in that clock but you could purchase a new one for about $300 to $400 so I would shop around if the price reaches that range.  

Clocks, Watches

Michael Radi