Clocks, Watches/HM 610-417 Lead Inserts -

Question
Movement UW66035
Movement UW66035  

Clock itself HM 610-417
Clock itself HM 610-41  
Hello Kenneth

Hope your doing well.
I have a question;

I have bought a HW 610-417 last week. I brought the clock home today. I noticed that prior to buying two weights weren't at center gravity.  I thought that possibly someone removed the lead inserts and mixed them up. But when I removed the weights prior to load the clock in my vehicle, I noticed that the weights were so light...

To my surprise I've opened the shells upon arriving, the original lead inserts in all 3 shells have been replaced by small one that would go lets say in a grand mother clock (like a Barwick).  No wonder the weights where angled and so light.. the weights are way to skinny to fit the entire shell and the were resting on which ever side they would fall.

I used to have a HM 610-630 and I know the inserts in that one were pretty heavy.  I think they would be the same for the 610-417.

Now I have to find lead inserts to put in the shells, I am in Toronto, not sure about you.

Do you have these and are you far from me?  Do you know the weight of the correct lead inserts should go in these shells?

I have attached photo of the movement behind.  Not sure is this matters but the lyre is 32" and the bob is 10 1/2 in diameter.

I also notices that the pulley were changed but they put pulleys with hooks instead of eyes .. does that matter at all?

Thanks for your answers :0)

Answer
left = 4.5 lbs
center = 4.5 but often 6.6lbs when using lyre pendulum
right = 6.6 lbs

most often these are cast iron split weight halves from Howard Miller and not lead.

ID of the weight shells and the length would have to be known to make further suggestions if in fact the weights you have need more inside......
http://timesavers.com/search.html?q=weight+fillers&go=Search

pulleys were changed maybe when weights were replaced to mate with the eyes on the weights-- pulleys with hooks are universal with all weights but pulleys with eyes can only use hook top weights.

Ken   Surprise, AZ

Clocks, Watches

Kenneth Saunders