Clocks, Watches/Movement beat type

Question
I have a mason & Sullivan  Shaker tall case clock.
Ordering new movement. Need to know should I get dead or auto beat movement.
Thanks

Answer
William, I believe the movment in your M&S Shaker clock was a Hermle 451-XXX (the X's are for different features like happer locations and handshaft length).  The later ones had what they called the High Bridge, and yours might be the same.  Make sure the pendulum length designation and handshaft length are the same as your original. The deadbear movment is all around a little better than the recoil.  In my resources, they are the same price, so I would go with the dead beat.

John Newman
Vintage Emperor Clock Consultant
THE VILLAGE CLOCKSMITH
Old Prattvillage
Prattville, Alabama

Clocks, Watches

John Newman