Cockatiels/Need to split up a pair

I took in a 5 yr old male cockatiel earlier this year.
I eventually put him with an 8 yr old female I adopted last year.
Our birds always get a few hours free flight everyday.

She is friendly, tame & quiet. He is not.
He sits near her constantly chirping loudly all day.

I have many rescue bunnies, etc to care for & the noise is getting on my nerves, probably the rabbits too!

How long would they take to forget about each other if I adopt out the male? I don't want her to go as she was my first & always used to sit on me, etc before the male showed up.

Hello !. sorry for the late reply, i thought i sent an answer to you but apparently they re-emailed it to me.
Good question. After analysing your problem here is the proposed solution:
Birds get strongly attached to each other especially if they were of different genders and therefore it might affect your female and make her quiet annoyed/depressed. To prevent that if u really have to adopt out the male then place a mirror or two in her cage, make sure she has a spacious cage, place ladders in such a way that she will have to climb them to reach the food, place some ropes neatly and new toys. Each of the toys i mentioned above is of crucial importance and has a secret that lies behind it that i identified. The mirrors keep your bird unlonley, the ladder keeps yoour bird excersised in case it becomes depressed , the new toys keeps your bird active and happy and one more thing you can do it play daily songs of cockatiels singing or at least for the first week or 2 that you can find on youtube or on my youtube channel named "Parrot Whisperer".

Like my fb page named bird tameness which will help you a lot. subscribe to my youtube channel named "Parrot Whisperer".
Parrot Whisperer

I am able to answer any question regarding cocktiels including : trick training, Health, illness symptoms, how to tame them, how to train them, birds as first pets, showering birds, Breeding advices, how to know there approximate age, All about appropriate cages, safe excersise toys, how to know whether they are male or female, diseases, how to deal with emergencies(injuries, wounds..obesity...ect), Things i may not be able to answer: very deep unknown illnesses or difficult to recognise.

I have many years of experience with birds. i have dealt with alexanderines, cockatiels, african greys , cockatoos, umbrellas, galahs, sulfur crested, rednecks, lutino cocktiels, pied cocktiels, congos , timinehs and more. I have recieved many customers asking to tame , train and teach there birds tricks and about there healthy diet. I have transformed their aggressive bird into a cuddly loving creature. The whole secret is offering them love, dedication and time ! I have written a full taming and training book present now on called: secrets to taming, training and teaching birds tricks revealed. This book aims to untilise both bird owners and the birds themselves I have organised a page on facebook named bird tameness which specifically advices,solves, shares and deals with all bird problems and aims to build "trustworthiness" with bird owners. Also, i have offered many free training and taming videos on my youtube channel named "Parrot whisperer".

-bird tameness facebook page-i belong as a manager, personal trainer and founder -bird tameness' supplies facebook page -taming, training and rescuing unwanted birds in dubai -guiding bird lovers to purchasing the right pet for them in UAE.

The official book i personally published called: secrets to taming, training and teaching birds tricks revealed.

-bird tameness facebook page -researches conducted -major experience

recieveing praises, complements, Thani you emails and more for helping wordldwide people with there birds incluDing US, SOUTH AFRICA, DUBAI , LEBANON AND MORE.

i have a moderator, content creator, sponser and a manager of the bird tameness facebook page