Cockatiels/Screaming cockateils

Question
My cockatiels scream all the time and they almost never shut up, is there anything i can do to shut them up?

Answer
Hi there !, good day
Thanks for your question. I myself own 4 cockatiels , 2 budgies , 1 cockatoo and 2 canaries and i live in an apartment and yes they can be loud!. Now, as for the cockatiels yes they tend to be very loud due to many different reasons such as they might hear a screeching voice that sounds like a bird voice causing them to call over back to it by shouting loudly, when they are limited on food they start shouting, when they want to go out they start shouting and when they Want to grab attention they shout too. Cockatiels shout only when they want somthing that is they usually do these loud-pitched voices when they want somthing from you. Sometimes its food, freedom, other whistle voices, television or other causes. Try fulfilling their needs; in other words, try the following above likely causes and see how it decreases their likelihood of shouting excessively.Try increasing the food and freedom. Another way is to shower them on a regular basis which makes them fluffy and they ALWAYS sleep after it. It is very healthy for them , decreases dust powder and is well for their health and plumage.Shower them once a week with a warm bottled water spray or with what i personally use and recomment the "jungle shower" which you can research and is perfect for glossy feathers. This makes them sleepy and tired. Moreover, another VERY possible way to decrease shouting and shrieking is by placing them outside in the outer fresh air in a balcony if its 35 degrees or below. If its above that you can place them for only a few hours and you will see how happy they will be and shout outside and use all their energy before going indoors !.A combination of all of these solutions i proposed will indeed make a huge difference to the sound level.

Thanks, like my facebook page named birdtameness where i help worldwide bird lovers and connect with all of them.
Subscribe to my youtube channel named "Parrot Whisperer" where you will recieve the best Taming and training videos.

Regards
Parrot whisperer

Cockatiels

hani