Cockatiels/second cockatiel

Question
Hi. I've had different opinions about getting a mate for my male bird.  Most say  he  will become unfriendly and aggressive towards us.  I like how the bird is now, can this be avoided at all?  Thx Betty

Answer
Hi betty ,
Thanks for ur question and please dont forget to rate my answer
If your male bird is already tamed and trained then getting a new female to him will make him happier and will not change his bonding with you except in breeding seasons.This applies to birds of course and not large parrots; in other words, it applies to  cockatiels, budgies,  and love birds; however, larger parrots such as cockatoos, macaws, african greys, ringnecks and similar species might get extremly attached to the female and might not get to notice you. The reason is that larger parrots take their owner as their father/mother or mate. If your bird is a smalle bird species on the other hand then its fine. They will always stay bonded to you if they are already tamed and trained and will always come to your hand.

The way to avoid agressiveness is by taking your bird out on a daily basis, feeding it its favorite treats while on your hand outside the cage and spending time with it. Offer it new toys and keep the connection running between you both.

Thanks
Checkout my youtube channel which will help u a lot called "Parrot whisperer" and kindly subscribe. Like my facebook page named bird tameness which will offer u endless advices

Cockatiels

hani