How does one make the popular spanish beverage coquito? I have heard a few variations on it

Coquito is a traditional punch served at Christmas and New Years celebrations. The drink is similar to eggnog with rum. This particular recipe does not call for raw eggs. Nor does it call for you to crack open a fresh coconut. It's a very simple mixed drink.
Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 1 hour

Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes

2 15-ounce cans cream of coconut
2 14-ounce cans condensed milk
6 ounces white rum (use less if you like)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon coconut (or vanilla) extract

1. Mix all ingredients in a blender.
2. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving. Serve cold.

Serves: This recipe makes about 36 ounces.

Hope this answers your question

Happy New Year.......

I can answer most questions on drink recipes and wines. I can and will respond to all questions, and if I dont know the answer, I may be able to recommend a reference book or web site.

I have been a bartender and purchaser of fine wines and spirits for several fine dining restaurants in Denver, Colorado, Keystone Colorado,San Diego, California, and Washington DC. I have been a mixologist in San Francisco, Washington DC and several locations in Colorado. I am in possession of several reference books on alcohol, and wines, and I have been a DUI officer with one police department and one Sheriffs Department.