Cocktails/Frozen pouch margarita.

I am from india & on US tour.
Last week I had tasted frozen pouch pack margarita.
I like taste & idea.
Can I produce such type of product in India?
How can you help me in this area?

Hello Chetan,

I get this question very often.

Alcohol does not freeze so you have to make sure the mixture is mostly water or fruit juice.  You don't have to stop at a margarita, you can use rum and fruit juice or vodka and lemonade.

My suggestion is to add white tequila to lemonade but not too much.  a 1 to 5 ratio should work.

Hope this helps!

remember to follow me on twitter under bartendingboot and

Steven Calabro

I can answer questions dealing with alcohol and cocktails and their preparation. I cannot answer wine questions.

I have been a bartender for over 20 years. I have competed internationally and a judge in many cocktail contests. I have been a consultant and drink designer for the past 5 years.

I have been mixing and designing cocktails for over 20 years in Hollywood, Las Vegas, Great Britain, Australia and the Czech republic.

Judge for Bacardi's "South Bay shakeoff", consultant for, and Izze sparkling waters. I was a finalist in the first 42 Below Cocktail World Cup in New Zealand.

42 Below Vodka, Bacardi Brands, Grey Goose Vodka, Izze sparkling juices