Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1963 Steel Penny

Larry wrote at 2009-03-17 15:50:01
I too have a 1963 D steel penny in good condition.  Nothing appears to be altered and it does reverse memorial on back.  Larry

Charles wrote at 2010-04-28 10:22:41
Jim, You're not crazy! I have the same penny - a 1963 D that's not coppered and is somewhat magnetic, with the Lincoln Memorial on the back.  Did you ever find out any information on this?

Jordan wrote at 2012-03-28 06:25:38
Ok, I thought I was going bonkers because I was checking my steel wheat cents and I SWORE it said 1963 D, but I knew that the last ones were intentionally struck in '43, and there were some unintentional '44's, but '63 was out of the question. Yet I see that others have the same dilemna as me!

Kevin wrote at 2015-07-24 00:50:17
Just for the record my dad is a coin collector and he wanted me to look up his 1963 d steel penny that does stick to a magnet. I can't find anything about it.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Jim Lawniczak