Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1968D Roosevelt dime

craig fitzgerald wrote at 2009-07-09 04:41:50
i believe it is a flaw because i have the exact same coin, its a 1968d with a large bubble on the face of the dime, the nose is actually raised high by the bubble! it was not caused by heat

if the person who has the same coin could contact me i would greatly appreciate it  

Warren wrote at 2013-08-18 16:35:35
I have one of these with the bubble over the eye and another on the rear of the coin. Bought it in 1972 as a curiosity for $1.50. Not sure if it has any significant value.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Charles D Daughtrey

Small type U.S. coinage, die varieties, doubled dies, repunched mintmarks, and some limited error knowledge. I specialize in Lincoln cents, and know Jefferson Nickels, Roosevelt dimes, and Washington quarters reasonably well. I do not know anything about foreign coins, tokens, medals. Please DO NOT submit questions about coins other than U.S. coins - I will not be able to help with any other subject.

30 years working with Lincoln cents. I have written articles for various trade journals and periodicals, authored two books on the subject, and authored/developed

American Numismatic Association, Numismatic Literary Guild, numerous local coin clubs.

Looking Through Lincoln Cents, author. Numismatic News, Coin World, Errorscope, CoinAge magazine.

American Numismatic Association Instructor