Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1948 two shilling

deborah wrote at 2010-03-29 21:40:41
Sorry, but you are incorrect about the composition of the first coin.  If it is a 1945 two shilling coin then it is indeed silver and not cupronickel as you stated. The metal content was changed, as for all silver coins, from 1947 to 75% copper, 25% nickel. This removal of all the silver meant that most of the earlier coins which contained silver were removed from circulation fairly quickly (see Gresham's law).  

kenmiller wrote at 2013-07-19 11:57:19
 the 1845 florin should be silver since the silver content of these coins was removed in 1947. How ever, I have a 1948 and a 1949 florin that should be copper nickel, but neither is magnetic. Were any of these coins minted with a silver content?

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Brad Swain