Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Value of silver half dollars

Zach M. wrote at 2012-12-02 07:13:46
I have the same coin Karen. I'm no expert by any means, but I have done some web searching but it is unfortunate that I have found nothing. One side (the side with the inscription you speak of) has what seems to be an H with a large cross resembling a plus sign. On the back is a shield with three olive branches in the upper third, and 6 wavy lines, 3 dark, 3 light in light to dark pattern. This side has IVLIAN ARIANNE AQVATERRA. Karen, I have no clue what it might be. If I were to guess, its from eastern Europe or some eastern (possibly southeastern) Mediterranean country like Greece or somewhere along those lines. Wherever they are, they obviously use the Latin alphabet.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Brad Swain

I have been a World Coin and Paper Money collector since about 1965. I will be glad to answer any questions you may have on World coins or currency, tokens, unusual or unknown pieces and attempt to give you estimates of value and historical information about them in a polite and prompt manner.

45 years collecting coins and paper money.

BA History, BA Geography - Virginia Tech