Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Arabian Coin Identification Help

Hello, I have a coin I'm trying to identify.  The coin is silver in color it is 25 millimeters in diameter and has a reeded edge.  Obverse at top has 2 hands - shaking hands. In the Center is a man with a hat riding a tractor.  To the right and left appear to be wreath leaves and the date is at the bottom 1972.   The reverse has in ENGLISH ( 1 ).  Just below it is arabic writing,  and in the outside circle going all the way around it is also arabic writing.  I have a huge collection of foreign and domestic coins and have collected for many years.  This coin has me stumped.  Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide in identifying this coin.  - Klint

Edit: Have actually come across the coin you were asking about, it's an Algerian 1 dinar.

Hi Klinton,
This does not sound like any Arabic coin I have ever seen. However, I have seen several non-coin items, such as tokens and this is likely one such item. It would only be possible for me to identify the piece if you post a follow-up question that includes a picture of the item. I will need to read and decipher the actual legends in order to solve this mystery.
Thanks for the question, sorry that I could not be of more help at this time.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).