Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1901 $10 Bison note

Question
Hello-- I have a 1901 $10 Bison note certified by PCGS as Very Choice New 64 PPQ. The reverse is somewhat off center and at the very bottom of the note on the back is a strange mark that under 10X magnification looks like some sort of ink mark. Could this be a cutting mark? It does not appear to be a smudge or counting mark. And PCGS made no comment about it. Can you help identify this? Thanks!  

Answer
Without seeing a picture it is tough to answer your question.  Unless the strange mark is in the very center of the note then it is highly unlikely it is a cutting mark.  If the note is the B or C note from the sheet then there is no chance it is a cutting mark.

Large size sheets of currency (and other old money) were printed on sheets of four, with the top note being the A note and the bottom was the D note.  The top and bottom of the sheet did have a symbol that looked like a T or upside down T.  However, for remnants of that mark to be present the note would have to be extremely poorly cut.

If the mark is only noticeabe under 10X magnification then it is most likely just a paper flaw or stray ink mark.  Either way, it is not really important in terms of value.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett