Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1953 2 dollar bill Red ink

Question
I have 1953 2 Dollar Bill. The bill as three fold lines and no tears, and on corner slightly eared. It says 1953 with no letter below or after. Signed by Priest and what appears to be Humprhrey. Has a letter G in the top left and G2 in the bottom right. In suggestions on value or where to get it apprasied on Oklahoma. Thank you any help that you can provide.

Answer
Sadly, the note you have is very very common and worth between $2.50 and $10.00.  There were millions upon millions of these printed and some are still in circulation.  Many thousands more are held by collectors.

It is certainly a good question to ask because 1953 is plenty old enough to count as a type of old money.  However, the magic formula for value is rarity, condition, and popularity.  Age is rarely a factor.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett