Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Last Forever

Question
How do I keep somethings to last forever?  Is there something that apply to all?

Answer
If I understand the question, it sounds like you want to preserve something forever?

There are a few things to consider in the case of old money.  
-keep out of direct sunlight
-try to keep in a climate controlled environment as much as possible
-protect the note with a mylar casing/sleeve/holder

Mylar is a plastic that does not have any chemicals in it that can leach into the note itself.  Mylar is known as an archival material.  Museums use it for antique documents.  It is fairly cheap, one holder costs anywhere from 25 to 50 cents each.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett