Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1950 series c ten dollar bill

nononorris wrote at 2010-01-17 15:16:50
The answer that states "It would be impossible for the flag on top of the treasury to be upside down.  The flags are tiny to begin with.... IS NOT TRUE!.

I too have a 1950 C Ten dollar bill and you can see both flags on top of the treasury building just fine. I have asked LOTS of people to take a look and ALL say they can see that flag in the front of the building is upside down and the one on the right is right side up.

You can see the outline of the stars area and the stars clear as day.

The answer to the question below;

"Expert: Manning Garrett - 12/28/2009

Question

I have a 1950 series C ten dollar bill with a upside down flag on the back on top of the U.S. Treasury building, how much is it worth?"

The Answer is;

No one knows. If a person tells you that they do, they may just be out to get their hands on something that is VERY,VERY RARE.

Remember, the less ifno that you see on the world wide web, the better the chance that you have something that is worth lots of cash.$$$$$

I have spent years asking people to take a look,just to make sure I was not seeing things, and as far as the dealers, although they can not tell me much info about it, Nor how much it may be worth, they ALL are quick to ask me to sell it to them. LOL

I would not take less than $50,000 and a bad day.

I can't even find one listed for sale anywhere. Nor where one was ever sold.  :)

I hope this answer helps you out.

trueanswers4u wrote at 2010-01-18 12:01:46

Remember, the less info that you see on the world wide web, the better the chance that you have something that is worth lots of cash.$$$$$

I hope this answer helps you out.

tuesdayafternoon wrote at 2010-01-18 12:13:35

I hope this answer helps you out.  

Wise old owl wrote at 2010-02-03 15:29:57
Hello, to answer your question, Yes, the 1950 C ten dollar bill you have is worth a lot of money. It is very clear that one of the two flags is unside down. It is easy to see this seeing that the engraver did this.

For what reason we do not know.

I would say that your 1950 C ten dollar bill is worth no less than $1,500 and may be worth up to $10,000.

We are not sure how many are left out there. , so the value could be more than this.

We hope this helps out.

bees wrote at 2010-05-12 02:44:30
I'm pretty sure you can plainly tell the flag is upside down as in the blue blob or green on the back of this bill is in the lower right corner as the rest of the flag is majority light white green  

carlito wrote at 2010-08-28 12:21:42
carlito 8-28-2010

I too own one of these rare upside down flag bills but i cant seem to find a buyer. Whomever any of you spoke to that is interested in buying please let me know so i can sell it.

sage wrote at 2011-03-25 02:14:22
I have a c series, Fed. reserve of New York. My bill is worn but -- it too is very obvious that the flag is upside down.  And, in addition to that, the back of the bill is VERY uneven.  It is less than 1/4 cm from the top left and near to 1/4cm at the top right.  The side margins are not as far off but, there is a notable difference by about a 70/30 ratio.

I've seen conflicting evidence online about whether or not the bill actually has the flag upside down.  Many places read that it's not upside down, it's simply 'bleeding of the ink' of sorts.  My bill, maybe due to the misalignment and even in it's worn state you can CLEARLY see the flag upside down - and there is no dark ink on the other side --- it's nice and you can see right through the darn thing.  

I'm not sure what it's worth, but, if anyone has any additional information, please do let me know.  Thanks.

Ken wrote at 2012-05-24 06:59:14
i beg to differ, i have a 1950 series a ten dollar bill and the flag on the front of the building is most definitely upside down. I put it under magnification and u can clearly see the box that should be on the top of the flag is clearly on the bottom. As for the value i have no clue, further more were they all printed this way? I also have no idea about that.

Frank Alday wrote at 2012-11-29 07:04:17
Hello my name is Frank Alday I too have a ten dollar series c 1950 with the flag upside down, if anybody is interested in buying it please let me know, it's in fair/good condition. My email is frank.alday@yahoo.com thank you.

Frank Alday wrote at 2012-11-29 07:34:08
I too 323 have 703 a  ten Dollar bill 9502 series c with the flag clearly upside down if anybody is interested in buying it please let me now thank you,Frank.

JulieFord wrote at 2012-12-08 17:31:36
I have a 1950 Series A Ten dollar bill where mine also apears to have the front flag upsidedown??? I was not paying attntion and tried to spend it, it is verry, verry green in color on the back and the cashier would not take it. I looked into it and found this poast... what are these worth if anything? Thanks

GiGii28 wrote at 2013-01-21 01:28:21
The flag is upside down. I also have a $10 1950c series  E .  The flag on the front is upside down. I took a picture with my digital camera and magnified it. It is very possible to have one.  

Choreboy wrote at 2016-09-11 23:44:34
I have one too so there not rare but yea its upside down

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett