Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1926 Greek Coin

Question
I have a coin similar to one another person asked about in 2008.  The coin I have has the same helmeted person on one side and on the other side the words(?) EAAHNIKH AHMOKPATIA around the outer edge and MIA over APAXMH in the center.  What is the value?  I have a book that shows this as a 2 Drachmai but with AYO over APAXMAI in the center, back.

Answer
Hi Bob, Mia means One so you have the copper-nickel 1 Drachma from the Hellenic Republic (Greece). There were 20 million minted with a B mintmark (Vienna) and 15 million minted without a mintmark, both of equal value. It may be worth about .20 with heavy wear to around $1 with moderate wear to maybe $5 with light wear.
You might also try a library for a copy of the Standard Catalog of World Coins for pictures, values and lots more interesting info.
Brad

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Brad Swain