Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1926 Greek Coin

I have a coin similar to one another person asked about in 2008.  The coin I have has the same helmeted person on one side and on the other side the words(?) EAAHNIKH AHMOKPATIA around the outer edge and MIA over APAXMH in the center.  What is the value?  I have a book that shows this as a 2 Drachmai but with AYO over APAXMAI in the center, back.

Hi Bob, Mia means One so you have the copper-nickel 1 Drachma from the Hellenic Republic (Greece). There were 20 million minted with a B mintmark (Vienna) and 15 million minted without a mintmark, both of equal value. It may be worth about .20 with heavy wear to around $1 with moderate wear to maybe $5 with light wear.
You might also try a library for a copy of the Standard Catalog of World Coins for pictures, values and lots more interesting info.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Brad Swain

I have been a World Coin and Paper Money collector since about 1965. I will be glad to answer any questions you may have on World coins or currency, tokens, unusual or unknown pieces and attempt to give you estimates of value and historical information about them in a polite and prompt manner.

45 years collecting coins and paper money.

BA History, BA Geography - Virginia Tech