Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1981penny blanks

Norm Porter wrote at 2009-10-17 01:40:31
I was there. I programmed and assisted in the start-up of the plating equipment that electroplated the first blanks at the Greenville, TN facility. To the best of my knowledge there were 100 Jars made and filled with the first blanks off from the NAPCO machines to commemorate the event. I have 2 of them.

snorkelflisher wrote at 2014-01-07 04:57:01
They are extremely rare.  There were only a very few of the special jars made for the managers and plant personnel directly involved in the start up.  I have one full of penny blanks also and personally observed the manufacture of the first blanks that are in them.   The jars were produced as a thank you to those involved.  

lloyd wrote at 2014-03-02 03:38:43
Hello, its lloyd again with the information about the relationship between ball and the mint! you will find the information on artical- Appalachain journal : counting pennies as well as more information googling Jarden corporation to find out more on the history of the company and when they started making penny blanks for the U S Mint! thanks and hope this helped... Lloyd

Lloyd wrote at 2016-02-28 19:15:59  

Lloyd wrote at 2016-02-28 19:20:40 has the identical jar selling with the exact same penny blanks as i have in my jar! check it out!!1thanks Lloyd

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Charles D Daughtrey

Small type U.S. coinage, die varieties, doubled dies, repunched mintmarks, and some limited error knowledge. I specialize in Lincoln cents, and know Jefferson Nickels, Roosevelt dimes, and Washington quarters reasonably well. I do not know anything about foreign coins, tokens, medals. Please DO NOT submit questions about coins other than U.S. coins - I will not be able to help with any other subject.

30 years working with Lincoln cents. I have written articles for various trade journals and periodicals, authored two books on the subject, and authored/developed

American Numismatic Association, Numismatic Literary Guild, numerous local coin clubs.

Looking Through Lincoln Cents, author. Numismatic News, Coin World, Errorscope, CoinAge magazine.

American Numismatic Association Instructor