Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1981penny blanks

Norm Porter wrote at 2009-10-17 01:40:31
I was there. I programmed and assisted in the start-up of the plating equipment that electroplated the first blanks at the Greenville, TN facility. To the best of my knowledge there were 100 Jars made and filled with the first blanks off from the NAPCO machines to commemorate the event. I have 2 of them.

snorkelflisher wrote at 2014-01-07 04:57:01
They are extremely rare.  There were only a very few of the special jars made for the managers and plant personnel directly involved in the start up.  I have one full of penny blanks also and personally observed the manufacture of the first blanks that are in them.   The jars were produced as a thank you to those involved.  

lloyd wrote at 2014-03-02 03:38:43
Hello, its lloyd again with the information about the relationship between ball and the mint! you will find the information on knoxnews.com artical- Appalachain journal : counting pennies as well as more information googling Jarden corporation to find out more on the history of the company and when they started making penny blanks for the U S Mint! thanks and hope this helped... Lloyd

Lloyd wrote at 2016-02-28 19:15:59
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj-9PDelJvLAhXLeT4KHQ0vB1IQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F1981%2F08%2F29%2Fbusiness%2Fzinc-penny-ruling-is-expected-soon.html&usg=AFQjCNFtRNGo3Cw8WAwQYCc2klKaBpHFeA  

Lloyd wrote at 2016-02-28 19:20:40
worthpoint.com has the identical jar selling with the exact same penny blanks as i have in my jar! check it out!!1thanks Lloyd

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Charles D Daughtrey