Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Marshall Islands $50 Silver Proof Milestones of Space Set

COINMAN1 wrote at 2012-12-13 16:23:15

I was given a set of 24 coins, complete with its original wooden box, certificate of authenticity, with an explanation leaflet for my birthday.

After checking in the Krause book, I noticed that the total number of different coins issued is 26.

I had KM#12 and KM#14 missing from the total.

The whole box cost 700.00 but was greatly reduced by the seller to get it out of their stock, so I believe this to be a bargain.

I have since sourced the missing 2 coins, so I now have all 26 coins issued in 1989. The 2 additional cost cost 50.00 each.

I know this message is ages after your original question but I hope you have since sorted out your own set.

Geoff (COINMAN1)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).