Coin and Paper Money Collecting/$1 error currency?

Question
Error currency
Error currency  
Hi Manning! I have a question about an error currency. It is a group of (4) $1 FRN from 1995. They are all stuck together on the left vertical margin. They are not like a flat sheet of uncut currency. But these are actually stuck one on top the other...............like a book. They are all consecutive serial #s I 88484992 C through I 88484989 C. They are from Distict I. The small plate number on left side is c4 and on right side is FW C xxx (each bill having different FW #). All notes have perfect centering on front and back. Have you ever heard or seen this type of currency "book'? I can send photos if needed. Thanks! Ron

Answer
Ron, it sounds like what you have are the remnants of a promotional product.  Back in the 1970s and even still today, around the holidays banks would make "checkbook" packs of currency available to their customers.  The packs were just regular notes that they could send off to have glued together with a light adhesive.  I would certainly see why you might think those were old money errors.

Your notes are not a Bureau of Engraving & Printing error.  Their worth is really just around face value.  Sorry for the bad news.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett