Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1907 uncut $5 bills

Hello, I have a framed sheet of 4 $5, issued from the Bronx National Bank of the City of New York on October 15, 1907, and signed by a relative who was the president of the bank. What might their worth be?

Hey Ann, it sounds like you have an interesting item there.  The value will depend on three things:

1) condition
2) seal color (red or blue)
3) serial number (number under portrait of Ben Harrison)

In order to maximize the value, you want the sheet to be in great condition, the seal color to be red, and the serial to be #1.  If it has all those then the sheet could be worth several thousand dollars+ and be a type of rare currency that is in demand right now.

In addition to volunteering here, I also run the website - you can send me pictures through that site and I would be happy to get you some more info.  And if the sheet becomes available for sale, I could certainly make an offer on it.

Thank You

Manning Garrett

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett

I can answer any question relating to valuing US Currency. My specialty is national currency, large-size currency, and small size issues between 1928 and 1957. Many bank notes have variables that can make two seemingly identical notes have very different values. That is why it is so important to work with an expert. I also work with rare Canadian banknotes as well as some foreign currency (mostly British Commonwealth countries). I have participated either as a buyer or seller in more than 500 different coin auctions.

I have been a full time currency dealer since 2006. I set up at about ten national coin and currency shows per year all across the country. My company has a retail location in Greenville, SC. I also run a website about old money values. I am also currently the director of currency auctions at Stacks Bowers. So I am in a unique position to see, value, and sell millions of dollars worth of paper money on a annual basis. I have been lucky enough to sell hundreds of individual banknotes worth over $10,000. I personally hold several world records for highest price paid for certain categories of banknotes. While I personally don't deal a tremendous amount of coins, I can provide sound advice on where to sell coins in NYC, and other major metro areas across the country. I have seen the worst of the worst and the best of the best when it comes to coin dealers.

South Carolina Numismatic Association (Life Member and Past Board Member), Society of Paper Money Collectors (Life Member), American Numismatic Association (Member), Florida United Numismatist Association (Member)

Bank Note Reporter, Chicago Tribune

Clemson University BS in Corporate Finance, Western Carolina University Masters in Accountancy