Coin and Paper Money Collecting/5 dollar bill

Question
I work at a conveinant store part time yesterday I took a 5 dollar bill looks in very good shape it has a red seal on the right side and its says series 1958 c is this something to hold onto?and also if it is how can I keep it in good condition thank you for any advice

Answer
There were no red seal $5 notes printed with the date of 1958C.  It is likely that yours is a 1953C.  These notes are very common and are worth between $6 and $25.  If the note has circulated at all it will be worth closer to $7.50.

1953 is certainly old enough to count as a type of old money, but the rarity just isn't there.  Those notes were printed up until the early 1960s and tens of thousands are still around today.  Believe it or not, you can even buy an original pack of 100 consecutive notes for not much more than $1,000.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett