Coin and Paper Money Collecting/5 dollar bill

Question
I have found a five dollar bill that has "The First National Bank and Trust Company of Bridgeport Connecticut".  It has the number 335 printed on the right and left side.  It is dated 1929.  Is this worth anything?  What is it?  Thank you so much.

Answer
Hey Cindi, that note is certainly worth more than face value, but not too much.  There are over 100 notes like yours known from that bank.  That is very very high for a national bank.  If you were looking to take offers, expect between $25 and $45.  When dealing with rare currency from national banks, there are several things to be aware of:

serial number
bank of issue
condition
type of note

Good Luck

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett