Coin and Paper Money Collecting/nickel struck on a quarter plate

Question
nickel on a quarter plate
nickel on a quarter pl  
Hi- I have a 1943 nickel that was struck on a quarter plate. The nickel was literally made the size of a quarter but you can see on the obverse side a curve shaped like a half-moon aand if you put a normal sized nickel within this , it fits perfectly. I hope I described this to make some sense and I was wonsdering if this was commmon and of any interest. thanks very  much. I have attached an image of the obverse side and you can see the curve going through it. thanks again

Answer
Thanks for attaching an image, but the coin looks normal to me.  If it were struck on a quarter then there would be blank fields like a half moon.  What does the back of the coin look like?  I am not saying that your coin is a fabricated error, but errors are the most common fakes you will find on old money.  People use drills, saws, hammers, etc to mess with coins.  Sometimes they get away with it.  Most of the time they do not.  Wait until there is a coin show in your area and take it to some experts there.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett