Coin and Paper Money Collecting/10 consecutive serial # $20 bills

Hi, I have in my possession 10 brand new $20 bills 1988 series A from B35041551A to B35041561A , issue bank is New York. If I were to bring these to a coin shop what is the best price they would offer me for these 10 bills. Thanks

The premium for that run will be very small - maybe $30 over face value.  They are just not rare enough to warrant them as collectibles.  For collectible money to be valuable it needs to be rare.  Condition and age are also important, but rarity trumps them all.  If you had 100 consecutive notes then that would be a different story.  That would be a pack, and there are people who specialize in pack collecting.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett

I can answer any question relating to valuing US Currency. My specialty is national currency, large-size currency, and small size issues between 1928 and 1957. Many bank notes have variables that can make two seemingly identical notes have very different values. That is why it is so important to work with an expert. I also work with rare Canadian banknotes as well as some foreign currency (mostly British Commonwealth countries). I have participated either as a buyer or seller in more than 500 different coin auctions.

I have been a full time currency dealer since 2006. I set up at about ten national coin and currency shows per year all across the country. My company has a retail location in Greenville, SC. I also run a website about old money values. I am also currently the director of currency auctions at Stacks Bowers. So I am in a unique position to see, value, and sell millions of dollars worth of paper money on a annual basis. I have been lucky enough to sell hundreds of individual banknotes worth over $10,000. I personally hold several world records for highest price paid for certain categories of banknotes. While I personally don't deal a tremendous amount of coins, I can provide sound advice on where to sell coins in NYC, and other major metro areas across the country. I have seen the worst of the worst and the best of the best when it comes to coin dealers.

South Carolina Numismatic Association (Life Member and Past Board Member), Society of Paper Money Collectors (Life Member), American Numismatic Association (Member), Florida United Numismatist Association (Member)

Bank Note Reporter, Chicago Tribune

Clemson University BS in Corporate Finance, Western Carolina University Masters in Accountancy