Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1929 $10 Dll Bill

I have a series 1929 10 Dollar bill from the First National Bank of Rochester Minnesota,serial # E003379A and the number 579 on each side of the front, I have not been able to find any info on any book about this particular bank and would like to know anything about this bill and if is valuable and an estimated value it is circulated but in very good condition with no tears or stains or writing on it all corners are intact and only has two fold marks one horizontal and one vertical but not too obvious

National currency values depend on which bank issued the note.  In your case, The FNB of Rochester, MN was very large and issued millions of dollars worth of currency.  There at least 60 notes like yours known to exist and the book value is around $150.  

There are some great references out there for rare bank notes.  A few tips for 1929 notes are to look for notes with serial numbers less than 100, those could likely be from rare banks.  If the serial number doesn't end with a letter, then that bank note is likely from a common bank.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett

I can answer any question relating to valuing US Currency. My specialty is national currency, large-size currency, and small size issues between 1928 and 1957. Many bank notes have variables that can make two seemingly identical notes have very different values. That is why it is so important to work with an expert. I also work with rare Canadian banknotes as well as some foreign currency (mostly British Commonwealth countries). I have participated either as a buyer or seller in more than 500 different coin auctions.

I have been a full time currency dealer since 2006. I set up at about ten national coin and currency shows per year all across the country. My company has a retail location in Greenville, SC. I also run a website about old money values. I am also currently the director of currency auctions at Stacks Bowers. So I am in a unique position to see, value, and sell millions of dollars worth of paper money on a annual basis. I have been lucky enough to sell hundreds of individual banknotes worth over $10,000. I personally hold several world records for highest price paid for certain categories of banknotes. While I personally don't deal a tremendous amount of coins, I can provide sound advice on where to sell coins in NYC, and other major metro areas across the country. I have seen the worst of the worst and the best of the best when it comes to coin dealers.

South Carolina Numismatic Association (Life Member and Past Board Member), Society of Paper Money Collectors (Life Member), American Numismatic Association (Member), Florida United Numismatist Association (Member)

Bank Note Reporter, Chicago Tribune

Clemson University BS in Corporate Finance, Western Carolina University Masters in Accountancy