Coin and Paper Money Collecting/20 dollar bill

Question
I have  a twenty dollar bill, after the serial numbers there is a star. Is this worth more than a twenty?

Answer
In most cases if the note has been in circulation, then no, it will not be worth more than $20.  If the note is brand new and from a short print-run then it could potentially hold a few extra dollars as a collectors item.

The year that any old money was issued is also important.  I assumed that you had a modern $20 star note.  Assuming it is from 1928 or 1929 then the condition will be less important.  Most star notes from those two years are worth between $200 and $1000.  If the serial number is less than 100 then they will be worth even more.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett