Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Ultra-rare/nonexistent small note issues

Hope you don't mind me asking a few closely related questions...
An older edition of "US Paper Money" lists (but does not price) a Series 1933-A $10 silver certificate as having survived, but later editions say nothing of any 1933-A notes having survived.  Did one survive?  And if so what has become of it (if that's known)?
Are any 1928-A gold certificates of any denomination or 1953-C $5 silver certificates known to have survived, even if only as museum specimens?
What has become of the 1934 orange-backed gold certificates?  Apart from the handful of known museum specimens and the like, are the rest still in some vault somewhere or have they been destroyed/cancelled (as were early all the $100 United States notes)?

In many cases the notes you are asking about are at the smithsonian as specimens.  None are known in private collections to my knowledge.  However, should one ever be found it would likely be illegal to own, as the notes were never issued for circulation.

In the past three years a unique small size note has been discovered, and it is controversial but it probably is the most important note issued after 1928.  It is a series of 1934 $1 silver certificate but it has the overprint from the series of 1928.  It got a new Friedberg number, 1605a.  When it comes to rare money for the time period, there might not be anything else out there that you can legally own that is any better.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett

I can answer any question relating to valuing US Currency. My specialty is national currency, large-size currency, and small size issues between 1928 and 1957. Many bank notes have variables that can make two seemingly identical notes have very different values. That is why it is so important to work with an expert. I also work with rare Canadian banknotes as well as some foreign currency (mostly British Commonwealth countries). I have participated either as a buyer or seller in more than 500 different coin auctions.

I have been a full time currency dealer since 2006. I set up at about ten national coin and currency shows per year all across the country. My company has a retail location in Greenville, SC. I also run a website about old money values. I am also currently the director of currency auctions at Stacks Bowers. So I am in a unique position to see, value, and sell millions of dollars worth of paper money on a annual basis. I have been lucky enough to sell hundreds of individual banknotes worth over $10,000. I personally hold several world records for highest price paid for certain categories of banknotes. While I personally don't deal a tremendous amount of coins, I can provide sound advice on where to sell coins in NYC, and other major metro areas across the country. I have seen the worst of the worst and the best of the best when it comes to coin dealers.

South Carolina Numismatic Association (Life Member and Past Board Member), Society of Paper Money Collectors (Life Member), American Numismatic Association (Member), Florida United Numismatist Association (Member)

Bank Note Reporter, Chicago Tribune

Clemson University BS in Corporate Finance, Western Carolina University Masters in Accountancy