Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1721? coin found

Kirill wrote at 2010-12-23 19:13:22
Hi Dmitry, funnily I found exact same coin when I was doing some construction work inside the house. I think it was embedded inside the wall or something like that. Weird.

Dana wrote at 2012-04-23 16:29:44
I have the exact same coinand was wondering where it was from also i do not think the writing says 1721 it is some other language ; perhaps asian or from the middle east.  The ship on the back looks like anasian ship (i think)

elizabeth wrote at 2012-08-26 17:51:50
i found one to down on the beach in fl. it looks the

same

DragonBlake wrote at 2012-09-22 18:28:01
I have the same kind of coin. I believe I got it in a Book. Mine is no more then 10 years old. So this coin is NOT from 1721.

Austin Brant wrote at 2015-07-26 19:34:40
I beg to differ on this answer. I also have this coin and have done extensive research. Though I do for the most part believe that it is a fake, I do not think it should be put off so easily. My research has shown that there was a king named Ismael of Morocco who ruled during 1721 and his portrait looks similar to the one found on the coin. The writing system they used in 1721 was Arabic, which fits the speculation of the gibberish on the left of the king. With this being said, one could assume that the gibberish could be Arabic characters, maybe a date, while they leave a date in English due to the fact that the English were trading partners - and not to exclude that the British Empire did also expand throughout Africa. But I must also conform to reality. No distinguishing marks resemble any country or kingdom, which is odd; but not odd for a child. 1721 is the golden age of piracy and is the inspiration for many books with special pirate loot for little kids. though this coin is copper or bronze, which is expensive for child's play. But no conclusions, to me, can be met. It certainly looks old, yet a coin from the 50's could also look like this from age. look at a penny. And I have seen this coin in mint condition, and it too has no marks of origin. So as I said, I don't think this coin should be put off so easily.