Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1964 pointed tail dime - have a full roll unc

quidproquocoins wrote at 2014-05-09 03:43:15
These pointed 9 dimes are like the Type B reverse Washington quarters. Dealers can't control them so they pretend the variety does not exist. Estimates on the 1964p vs d is 4 mil for the P and 40 Mil for the D. I feel that you need them to complete a full roll set for Roosevelt dimes.I have a BU roll of D,s on ebay and I think that an auction site is the was to go. In over 35+ years I have seen only 1 p roll and 3 d rolls. 125-150 for a d roll and 200-240 for a p roll. If you go on estimated mintage the p should be 400+. Best of luck  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern

I can answer most all questions relating to US coins, tokens, and currency. I'm not strong on world coins or ancients. Primary field of expertise is errors and varieties. Over 55 years experience in coin collecting. Part time dealer since 1976. Employed by McDonnell Douglas/Boeing for over 34 years as an Industrial Engineer/Technical Specialist before retiring in 2002.

Worked weekends for "Lonesome" John in the late 1960's to mid 1970's processing error coins, packaging, and preparing orders. Worked with John Devine and Fred Weinberg on several California Error A Rama's in the early 1970's. Served as display judge at annual Error-A-Rama coin shows. Opened and operated mail order coin business DBA "CAL ERRORS" in 1976. Contributor to Alan Herbert's "Official Price Guide To Mint Errors" and Fivaz/Stanton "Cherrypickers' Guide". Worked Saturdays at Huntington Beach Coin Exchange 1980-1999. Had table and sold coins at a number of coin and gun shows in So CA, AZ and NV. Sell coins, tokens and currency on Facebook. Past "Errorscope" Editor. Presently CONECA Examiner.

Errorscope, Numismatic News, Civil War Token Journal, Error and Variety News

AA Degree LBCC pre Engineering, 1964 BS Degree CSULB Ind Technology, 1968

1st Place EAR Trophy for Civil War Token Errors, NLG Author of Year Award for best monthly coin column "Error News and Views" in small Numismatic paper, owned and published by Ray Anthony.