Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Chinese medal

lex wrote at 2011-04-26 12:05:27
CHINA-REPUBLIC Chiang Kai Shek Allied Victory Copper Medal, UNC. This medal is sent by Chiang Kai Shek as his personal expression of appreciation to the members of the US Armed Forces who served in China. Design of the coin follows the pattern of coins used in China from three to five hundred years ago. On the original coins, there was a square hole in the center. This has been filled in, in order to carry Chinese characters on each side. On one side, there are four characters. These stand for "Allied Victory." On the reverse side, there is one character. This is the chop of the Generalissimo, and stangs for "Chiang."

Tim wrote at 2013-01-27 04:26:24
See this link for more information on the WWII era coin:

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Brad Swain

I have been a World Coin and Paper Money collector since about 1965. I will be glad to answer any questions you may have on World coins or currency, tokens, unusual or unknown pieces and attempt to give you estimates of value and historical information about them in a polite and prompt manner.

45 years collecting coins and paper money.

BA History, BA Geography - Virginia Tech