Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Bolivian 8 Soles - is this genuine?

Gallienus wrote at 2012-11-09 14:47:20
I have an uncirculated example of this same type, but of the common date 1846, in my collection and displayed on my historical website. I specialize in coins of the early Latin American Republics.

The edge lettering appears typical: Bolivia did not get steam powered coining equipment until 1863 so the edges of genuine specimens at this time are somewhat crude.

Krause is not definitive on all dates struck for a certain type. Thus this type/date combination which is unlisted may be genuine.  The devices appear okay although the placement of stars does differ: this could have been that the die was stamped like this however.  27.0 grams is the weight of an uncirculated coin.  Thus yours at 26.5 may be okay. These were struck only in .903 fine silver and were made only for foreign exchange.

Thus your 1848 coin may be genuine.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits