Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Please Tell me a little more

Wesley wrote at 2013-02-07 03:21:45

I also have this coin which I recently acquired in Ulaan Baatar Mongolia.  I have been searching for any info on it.  Has your coin been authenticated or is it indeed a fake?  My coin has the exact same markings.  I acquired this coin along with 2 "fat man" chinese dollars, a kuang hsu pei yang dollar and 2 Great Britain Trade Dollars from a local woman who had them in her house.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).