Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1982d penney

QUESTION: i have a 1982d lincoln head penny....on the front it has a lantern to the left of lincolns head and a bell on the right.
cannot find this anywhere. do you know anything about this.

ANSWER: Justin,

This was done using small stamps after the coin was minted.  I have seen many that have the outline of a state above the date.  Since these were done post-production they are not worth anything more than face value.

QUESTION: the penny does not look like it has been stamped after being made . under the lantern is the word liberty ,and under the bell is 1982d . the penny is slightly indented like its been run over . what are the chances this could be real and how would i find out ?

Unfortunately the chances are 0.  The US mint did not make any design change on the penny from 1958-2009.  The indentation would have been caused from the blow of the secondary stamps.  However, if you would like, take it to a coin shop in your area.  I guarantee that they will say the same thing though...

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Steven T. Feltner

I can answer most questions regarding United States coinage from colonial times to present. I am aware of current market values and can usually give a close estimate as to the value of a coin. If you could send a picture it makes it easier to place a value. I am not educated in the area of world coins or any type of currency. I am an avid researcher and would love to tackle any questions you may have for me!

I have worked a total of 8 years as a professional coin dealer. I have attended many numismatic classes and seminars.

American Numismatic Association

The Numismatist

College degree in business.

ANA YN of the year 2004