Coin and Paper Money Collecting/double die half dollar

half dollar
half dollar  
I have a 1972 D half dollar that i think could be a double die on the obverse its offset and on the reverse there is doubleing on all detail. Image is attached could you let me know waht you think?

There does appear to be some doubling.  Whether that was caused by a die shift or is a true double die, I can not determine.

I suggest you submit the coin to Numismatic Guarantee Corporation in Sarasota Florida for authentication, grading and inserting into a slab.  This will certainly make it more marketable if it is in fact an error piece.

Good Luck!

Joe Hylas
Omega Precious Metals

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow