Coin and Paper Money Collecting/double die half dollar

Question
half dollar
half dollar  
I have a 1972 D half dollar that i think could be a double die on the obverse its offset and on the reverse there is doubleing on all detail. Image is attached could you let me know waht you think?

Answer
There does appear to be some doubling.  Whether that was caused by a die shift or is a true double die, I can not determine.

I suggest you submit the coin to Numismatic Guarantee Corporation in Sarasota Florida for authentication, grading and inserting into a slab.  This will certainly make it more marketable if it is in fact an error piece.

Good Luck!

Regards
Joe Hylas
Omega Precious Metals

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas